Friday, July 22, 2011

Poshard's Granddaughter to Attend Xavier

The final stage, one assumes, in the Maddie Poshard saga: she goes to Xavier.  The Southern cites the young Poshard as saying that "my desire for my accomplishments to be recognized as my own is very strong." That would indeed be harder at SIUC, but hardly impossible. Surely the faculty here have shown a certain willingness to buck administrators. If she would have stuck to unionized faculty and GAs, she could have expected no special treatment. Yet another argument for unionized faculty . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will review and post comments as quickly as I can. Comments that are substantive and not vicious will be posted promptly, including critical ones. "Substantive" here means that your comment needs to be more than a simple expression of approval or disapproval. "Vicious" refers to personal attacks, vile rhetoric, and anything else I end up deeming too nasty to post.